ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > PocketPC/WinCE Port > libmpeg2 novice questions
libmpeg2 novice questions
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
RyuMaster

libmpeg2 novice questions 

Hi, everyone! I'm really new to video decoding, and there is absolutely no info available on this matter for WinCE based devices, so I'm hoping someone can explain me few things.
I have downloaded libmpeg2_WinCE_02_22_2004.zip file, which has WinCE ported lib files.
I am using Visual Studio 2005. Do I have just simply link those libraries to the project? And what's next? There is no API or anyting for libmpeg2, how do I actually play decoded videos with it?
I really appreciate all help on this matter.
Regards, Konstantin.

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:48 pm 
clem

As far as I know, libmpeg2 isn't needed for ScummVM any more. The only games which played mpeg files were Broken Sword 1+2, and with the inclusion of lossless DXA video file support this lib shouldn't be necessary any longer.

edit: generally speaking I can't help you, but I assumed you're trying to compile ScummVM

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:50 pm 
Lostech

Re: libmpeg2 novice questions 

quote:
Originally posted by RyuMaster
I have downloaded libmpeg2_WinCE_02_22_2004.zip file, which has WinCE ported lib files.
I am using Visual Studio 2005. Do I have just simply link those libraries to the project?

There is no WinCE ARM MSVC project file for ScummVM available. But perhaps this older topic http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4459 where you can find sources and a MSVC project file for a WinCE MIPS target might help you to create you own MSVC project file for an ARM target.
On the other hand you could switch to MSYS/MinGW to compile with the maintained makefile which can be found in the /backends/platform/wince subfolder of the ScummVM source.
Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:17 pm 
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Re: libmpeg2 novice questions 

In case you really want to build it, here are the instructions: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Compiling_ScummVM/Windows_CE

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:10 am 
RyuMaster

Thank You, everyone! I managed to build those lib with all info provided. The only thing I can not fix now is

code:
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol mpeg2convert_rgb24 referenced in function "void __cdecl sample6(void *)" (?sample6@@YAXPAX@Z)

which pop ups when I build project with video playback, but I think this is out of concern of scummVM community.[/code][/quote]
Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:11 pm 
Reply to topic