ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Other Ports > PS3 Scummvm? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PS3 Scummvm?
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Angelus3K

quote:
Originally posted by Stryfe

quote:
Well, it will definitely change as future consoles (maybe not the PS4, but the generation after that) won't rely on physical media anymore but on streaming.

If the next gen systems take a cloud computing approach, which I doubt, the PS3 has more than held it's own. Being out for 4 years now, these hackers have not accomplished what has been done on other systems overnight, allowing piracy.

By the time there's a mainstream availability for PS3 users to abuse their newly found exploits, the system will be, or near to, the end of it's life cycle.

quote:
Sad as it is (monopolies, no used games market and such) there will always be open platforms so in the end I'm fine with it, I hate piracy.

Not to mention the joys of playing online with cheaters... Confused Bleh...

It's been said that the hackers could have jailbroken the PS3 years ago but werent that interested as it supported Linux. Hell if it had been known it was so easy to get the private key it would have been cracked wide open upon day of release. Effectively the PS3 shipped with no effective security at all as it has been bypassed by their own mistakes in implementing it.

The jailbreak is pretty much as mainstream as its going to get, all you have to do is update to a CFW on any PS3 with 3.55 or below, no USB dongle or techinical know how required. Just a standard (albeit modified) update PUP file on a USB drive, I reckon the PS3 still has a couple years left before PS4 comes out.
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:31 am 
Stryfe

quote:
Originally posted by Angelus3K
It's been said that the hackers could have jailbroken the PS3 years ago but werent that interested as it supported Linux. Hell if it had been known it was so easy to get the private key it would have been cracked wide open upon day of release.

That all sounds rather Ad hoc. Could of, would of, should of...

The very fact that they didn't means that Sony did prevent this from happening. Whether it was either from a technical standpoint, or political, is inconsequential.

I'd like to praise Sony for keeping their online experience clean, but once that security is gone, they'll have to shift the ballgame from prevention to punishment. ie - identifying perpetrators of violations, and coming down hard on them.

This could possibly be achieved through official (trojan) firmware updates meant not to prevent people from running custom code, but retrieving their info if they are indentified as having custom firmware modifications. From there, they could simply ban those systems/users, or attempt to brick the systems remotely.
Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:06 pm 
SuperDre

quote:
or attempt to brick the systems remotely.

Well, that's not gonna happen, as in most countries that would be illegal.. all they can try is to ban the console, but even that can be a problem because with a CFW it is possible to spoof PS3ID info with someonelses PS3IDs..
Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:20 pm 
Stryfe

Has there been any interest shown in the OpenSDK (PSL1GHT) kit being developed for the PS3?

https://github.com/ps3dev

Could this possibly be used in the future to create a PS3 ScummVM for everyone, even those without OtherOS compatible systems?

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:06 pm 
SuperDre

quote:
Has there been any interest shown in the OpenSDK (PSL1GHT) kit being developed for the PS3?

https://github.com/ps3dev

Could this possibly be used in the future to create a PS3 ScummVM for everyone, even those without OtherOS compatible systems?

Sadly no, unless you are using a Custom Firmware.. the problem really isn't using the SDK, but getting it run as of yet there is no way to get apps officially onto your PS3 other than through the PSN store or through an official bluray disc.. Signing isn't really the problem at this moment.
Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:06 pm 
Bobbin

libmove for PSL1GHT has been released:

https://github.com/wargio/libmove

Are there any plans to incorporate Move support in the PS3 port? That would make it the perfect console port imho!

Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:10 am 
woodoste

Is there a solution for running ScummVM PS3 daily builds on CFW greater than 3.55?

Post Tue May 20, 2014 6:29 pm 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

woodoste: Forum Rule #7;Please do not cross post:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=17
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=79640

The issue is that the buildbot PS3 toolchain has not been updated. I can do this, but I need some help from the PS3 porter to work out what changes are needed.

Post Tue May 20, 2014 10:44 pm 
woodoste

quote:
Originally posted by digitall
woodoste: Forum Rule #7;Please do not cross post:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=17
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=79640

The issue is that the buildbot PS3 toolchain has not been updated. I can do this, but I need some help from the PS3 porter to work out what changes are needed.

I'm sorry it was not my intention, I just thought to post in the right section Sad
Post Thu May 22, 2014 7:28 pm 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Noted, but despite your intention, you are cross posting. Please avoid this in future.

Post Thu May 22, 2014 10:43 pm 
woodoste

Any news? Smile

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:46 pm 
digitall
ScummVM Developer

woodoste: Nice try! Wink I have already answered you on the other thread.

Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:14 pm 
ransom

Hi

Is it possible to configure scumm ps3 port to automatically run just one game attached to the emulator? Obviously bypassing the game selection bit within the emulator?
Im asking as I am trying to configure individual scumm game packages so when I launch the emulator for example I launching from xmb and I don't press anything else and the one game attached to the emulator will run.

Is this possible?

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:03 am 
woodoste

Daily builds work on CFW 4.xx finally Smile WOOO

There's a bug: exiting from ScummVM leaves PS3 stuck at black screen, it does not return to XMB (I tried several daily builds).

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:42 am 
Reply to topic