ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > General Discussion > ScummVM wrappers for Windows 7?
ScummVM wrappers for Windows 7?
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
ps3d

ScummVM wrappers for Windows 7? 

I've been looking for a solution to this, but I've never really been a fan of ScummVM's system from launching a list of ScummVM titles, and was always more of a "launching individual titles" kind of guy. Is there a way to create a launchable wrapper that will launch ScummVM with the game intact? I tried using an application someone wrote for use with Steam (which is what I'm trying to do), so I tried it on Beneath a Steel Sky, and the application did not work.

Someone once had a way of doing this on the Mac, but I was hoping for a Windows version.

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:58 am 
raina

For the lightweight and easily kept-up-to-date solution, you could just create ScummVM shortcuts with the appropriate icons and launch parameters for each game.

But if you want something self-contained that's easily transferred from system to system and backed up, I'd suggest looking into a PortableApps.com wrapped ScummVM version. An official release doesn't seem to be currently available but this is what's most current. With a little setup, you could have each game in a separate folder with its saves and settings and a copy of ScummVM, launched straight into the game with the PAF ScummVM executable.

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:46 am 
selmiak

There are some highres icons around, they will sure come in handy.

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:30 pm 
ps3d

No problem, I basically taught Steam to use the same Target/Start In as the GOG.com provided shortcut. All is good, I guess.

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:21 pm 
Reply to topic