ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > GP2X/GP2XWiz/Caanoo Port > SCI (LSL6) control issues on Wiz
SCI (LSL6) control issues on Wiz
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
derboo

SCI (LSL6) control issues on Wiz 

I don't know if this applies for all SCI games, but I'm experiencing problems with the controls in Leisure Suit Larry 6 with the lates build (1.2.0svn52440). Each time I click on a spot on the touchscreen, the cursor will go to that place, but the selected action is executed to the spot where it was before the clicking.

Also, SCI games seem to run a lot slower than anything else so far (LSL6 stutters even at 700MHz, while everything else I tested runs fine with 533MHz). Don't know if that's an issue with the Wiz port, though, my PC might be just too fast for it to make a difference.

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:48 pm 
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Thanks for the bug report, I'll look into it.

The SCI game performance is rather variable, it tends to vary on a game by game basis. I can't say I have tried LSL6, I'll try and track down and buy a copy.

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:18 pm 
derboo

I tested the rest of the Larry series now. I get the same pointer problem in LSL5 and LSL1VGA, but not LSL3.

Also most SCUMM engine games don't seem to work, anymore.

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:25 pm 
m_kiewitz
ScummVM Developer

Re: SCI (LSL6) control issues on Wiz 

quote:
Originally posted by derboo
(LSL6 stutters even at 700MHz, while everything else I tested runs fine with 533MHz).

If you are trying the hires SCI2.1 version, please try to get the SCI1.1 version instead.
Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:47 pm 
derboo

No, it's the low res version to begin with, Larry 5 and 1VGA are also slow (with standard 533MHz), but not as bad as 6 (in 700MHz or probably even less they run fine).

Post Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:07 pm 
derboo

I now set the music to Adlib and MAME OPL according to your blog post to be able to run the Scumm games, and as a nice side-effect, the music in LSL6 now runs perfectly fluid. The game itself runs still rather slow, though.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:36 pm 
Reply to topic